Developing spiritual leaders through athletics
To follow God's game plan for our life (Jer. 29:11) with the gifts, talents and passions He has given us in athletics along with developing sport specific skills, healthy relationships and creating positive, fun life experiences as a follower of "Christ".
To present the Gospel of Jesus Christ in such a way that promotes and encourages Christian athletes to be followers of 'Christ' (disciples) that develop into mature, fruitful leaders who will be exemplary ambassadors for Christ in the ministry and marketplace.
"WE BELIEVE" in Doing Sports as a "TEAM"- The New Hope Way!
“For I know the plans I have for you, “declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jer. 29:11 “For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.” 1st Tim. 4:8 “I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me” Phil. 4:13
"Stacking" Biblical Values/Priorities
1. Faith/Christ follower 2. Family- immediate & extended 3. School/career 4. Sports/coach 5. Interests/hobbies/friends/community
- Mission & Core Values- "WE BELIEVE" in Doing Sports as a "TEAM"
- 2016 EADA Survey (Equity in Athletics): Total # of participants= VB: 11, MG: 2, WG: 1, M BXB: 12. Total # of participants who in two varsity sports programs= 1.
- FCA Athlete's Creed
- FCA Coach's Creed
- Talking Points for Recruitment of Students & Parents
- Current Alcohol & Drug Trends Among Young Adults
- 10 myths & facts about Marijauna
- 2016-17 NHCC Student Handbook
- 2017-18 Drug Testing volunteer consent form
- 2017-18 Drug Testing Policy for Athletes
- 2017-18 Prayer Warrior Booster Sponsor Program
- 2017-18 NLOI with Academic & Spiritual requirements
- 2017-18 NHCC "We Believe" athlete grade check form
- Coach: Sheparding future leaders
- Coach: FCA 3 dimensional overview flier
- Coach: NHCC Style Guide for gear and Uniforms
- Coach: NCCAA Div. I Eligibility Case Book
- Coach: Travel Procedures for away contests
- Coach: Travel master spreadsheet (1 month in advance)
- ACE- General Medical Claim Form
- ACE- Medical Coverage details
- 2017-18: Steps to have medical bills paid
- Physical form for athletes